The road not taken
The fall of Holgrath
Before embarking on your journey, you need to select a character. A player character (also known as a PC) is a fictional character, often the protagonist of a story, controlled by you, the player.
While the PC will be controlled by you, he or she does not need to have anything in common with you. You can control a PC that is very similar or very different from you. The only limitation is your imagination. However, you should be able to act in a way that is consistent with your character’s personality. For example, is you are playing a brilliant scholar, she or he would probably behave intelligently.
This game starts with your PC being imprisoned in Holgrath, a large city currently under siege. You can select one of the characters below to start your game. These characters are not described in detail on purpose. You should be able to customize them to your liking.
- The acolyte: A young initiate in one of Holgrath’s churches, the acolyte is a firm believer and devoutly religious.
- The gladiator: A slave, this little-known warrior has been trained to compete in the gladiatorial arena.
- The native: The native is a man or a woman whose ancestors originally hailed from the land of Svorinn.
- The political prisoner: Imprisoned for his or her political beliefs, the political prisoner has spent years in the prison of Holgrath.
- The rebel: This middle-aged man or woman fought during the Andelian revolution more than ten years ago. After the revolution’s failure, he or she was imprisoned in Holgrath.